Beauty is a timeless and subjective thing. It’s only partially a matter of how you look on the inside. It’s also the result of the type of person you are on the inside and how much light and joy you choose to share with the world. For these reasons we should actually celebrate getting a little older each year, and embrace the current version of ourselves, no matter our age.
That said, most of us also want to feel we’re presenting our personal best to the world each day. In order to source that confidence we can’t ignore the value of feeling like we look great! The way to accomplish outer beauty changes as we mature and old beauty tricks might not be very effective anymore. Check out these beautiful suggestions for women age fifty and older!
- Toss the powder based makeup. It creates a slight bit of visual texture and mature skin already has natural texture. It also tends to settle into creases. Time to enjoy the benefits of cream based cosmetics.
- Dial back the hue and boldness of your lipstick. It doesn’t have to be boring by any means, but if you choose something even a little closer to a neutral it will look more attractive. Truly bright lipstick can actually add age rather than detract from it.
- Pay some time and attention to your eyebrows. They have likely thinned and become faint. Eyebrows, however, are a very important part of a complete face. Use a pencil or angle brush and power to fill them in. Don’t go to the extreme though!
- Dial back on the eye shadow and avoid anything with shimmer. When you do wear eye shadow use soft neutral colors and nothing too dark. Stay out of the crease as well. A little definition there is fine, but any more and it will make your eyes look more recessed than they are.
- Skip the BB cream and tinted moisturizers. As we age, our face benefits a great deal from an application of true foundation. Be sure it absorbs into the skin like a veil, and does not hover on top of it and look unnatural and forced. Also, match the color perfectly!