2015 Decorating Trends At a Glance
We’ve are well into the third month of the year so now is the perfect time to explore ways to design and decorate your home according to the hot trends for 2015. Spring will soon make its debut When it comes to home improvement projects, it is the time of year when we are typically most inspired to revamp our digs. If you love to be surrounded by colors and design elements that are very “of the moment” you will love this blog post!
There’s so much to consider when incorporating a new design aesthetic. So, rather than ramble on in endless paragraphs we are giving you the key to unlock the basics through a bullet point list of quick reference guidelines that you can explore on your own. Simply read through the list, extract what intrigues you and run with it by doing an internet search for ideas that elaborate on the theme.
- Pantone color of the year – Marsala 18-1438 “naturally robust and earthy wine red”
- Light: soft, powdery pastels (that happen to look incredibly chic with Marsala) – think muted versions of pinks, lavenders, blues
- Dark: navy, plum, burgundy, raspberry, midnight blue, teal
- Nudes and flesh tones as neutrals
- Pop color: burnt umber, buttery yellow, soft aqua
- Kelly green plant life
- Modern, futuristic
- Experimentation, quirky, unexpected
- Nature mixed with science
Shape & Form:
- Asymmetrical, lop-sided, tilted, off balance
- Pattern in the form of 3D shapes
- Tinted glass
- High gloss plastic and acrylic
- Suspension, hanging
- Stacking or interlocking
- Dip dying, bleeding, blotting
- Stark contrast of materials
Hanging on the walls:
- Large prints of digital art
This list should be plenty to fire up the right side of your brain and get the ideas flowing. Try making your own bullet pointed list. Include the bullets from our list that you like most, and then elaborate on them with your own ideas and what you find during your internet search. Don’t forget to come back and share a comment about what you accomplished!