Few holidays rely so much on musical inspiration as Saint Patrick’s Day. The parties, the parades and the people are all of alive with the sounds of frivolity! Ireland is also the home of some of the most famous musicians in history.
Some are punk-rock party bands, some write serious songs about love and strife, and some were one-hit wonders who managed to author one track so impactful that it stood the test of time. You’re sure to find a song to fit any mood on our list of 18 of the best songs to come out of the land of endless green beauty! Get comfy, grab a cup of Irish coffee or handful of rainbow Twizzlers, and enjoy this sound journey to a magical and far away!
- The Irish Rover – The Pogues
- Rose Tattoo – Dropkick Murphy’s
- Dreams – The Cranberries
- If I Ever Leave This World Alive – Flogging Molly
- Jackie and Wilson – Hozier
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Beautiful Day – U2
- The Emperor’s New Clothes – Sinead O’Connor
- I’m Shipping Up To Boston – Dropkick Murphy’s
- Will You Come and Marry Me – Irish Rovers
- Seven Drunken Nights – Dubliners
- Alternative Ulster – Stiff Little Fingers
- Get Down – Gilbert O’Sullivan
- Into The Mystic – Van Morrison
- Fallen Embers – Enya
- Hall of Fame – The Script
- The Unicorn – Irish Rovers
- The Boys Are Back In Town – Thin Lizzy
After you’ve had a chance to listen to them all, don’t forget to make a hit list for your St. Patty’s Day party. You’ll have to add to it because we didn’t want to leave out the more serious, ethereal songs on our list. But you’ll have a great start and bit of inspiration to guide you!