Whether we like it or not, appliances need to be cleaned just as well as the dishes that go in them. It’s never much fun to clean a refrigerator, stove, oven, or dishwasher, but there are definitely ways to make the job easier. Try this awesome trick to return your dishwasher to its former glory!
It will save you tons of time and elbow grease. It’s also an eco-friendly method, and that’s tough to come by when you’re cleaning major fixtures in a home. It’s also really effective for getting in the micro-areas in the dishwasher that you can’t possibly reach, even with a toothbrush. You can be sure that even the tiny spaces won’t have any residual food, mold, or ick left when you’re done! As with any new cleaning method, make sure you check with your manufacturer’s instructions so you don’t void the warranty!
- Baking soda – 3 tablespoons (will ‘scrub’ the inside of the dishwasher)
- Hydrogen peroxide – 2 cups (will sanitize and whiten the inside of the dishwasher)
- Essential oil – approximately 15 drops (gives the dishwasher a fresh scent when you’re done)
- Liquid dish detergent – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 2 cups
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Ceramic/glass bowl
- Large spoon
- Cookie sheet
- Line the cookie sheet with one sheet of parchment paper.
- Perform a quick, basic cleanup of the dishwasher by using a damp sponge. Wipe around the door, along the edges, and wipe any food bits out of the drain.
- Combine hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and essential oil in the mixing bowl. It should feel similar to damp sand when you’re done mixing.
- Use the spoon to scoop the mixture and create balls. Kind of like you would when making cookies from cookie dough, but bigger. Place the balls on the parchment paper. Allow them to dry for several hours or overnight.
- Pour the vinegar into the ceramic/glass bowl and add the dishwashing detergent. Mix together, and place on the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Place one baking soda bomb on the bottom rack in the cutlery basket. Then set your dishwasher to its hottest setting and run it.
- Open it and boom! The trick worked and your dishwasher looks and smells super fresh and clean!
- Put the rest of the balls in a container with a lid and use them as needed.
Trackback from your site.